Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, March 21, 2011

What I did on Spring Break

The Advanced Video Production professor encourages his studnuts to schedule their shoots for Spring Break to ensure maximum availability of classmates to help crew the production. Two friends asked me to help their flicks -- but weeks after Spring Break, and on the same weekend at that. I had to chose the one who asked me first (over a year ago!). I'm glad no one asked me for help this coming weekend, because I'm doing a shoot of my own... at the annual Superstition Mystery Mountain 3-Gun Match in Mesa AZ.


The shoot I crewed this weekend was not a Pima shoot, but a low-budget short produced and directed by perennial classmate Chris Raboin (right), Chief Buddha of Nine Buddhas Productions. He rented the same Frontier Motel rooms where he directed PCC's AdCin film noir "Byline." By low-budget, I mean folks worked for a DVD copy, cast and crew credits, pretty good catering, and the plunder of leftover Craft Service goodies. Before the shoot, Big Chris presented me a DVD for "Confidence Game," the 48-Hour Festival movie in which I'm credited as Sound Director.






"Announcements" is a dark tale of the consequences of a Not Quite Immaculate Conception in which Chris employed some ambitious special effects. It was shot in HD by three Canon EOS 7Ds; I was the Sound Guy again. I look forward to seeing (and hearing) the final edit!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004