Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

2010 AZ State Sub-Gun Championship

Jon (semi-auto 9-mm AR) and I (full-auto Uzi) joined Big Bob (Jon's Kel-Tec Sub2000) in his first major match outside the Cactus Fun Matches; little did we know he'd do better than either of us. This year's match followed a movie theme, with such stages as "Shoot, I Gotta Find Bubba!" and "Say Hello to my Little Friend!" Here's one of our squad-mates ripping through "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammo:"



I was haunted by underpowered ammo that worked okay during test-firing, contributing to my 51st (Last) Place Finish. It didn't help that my hip-shooting (required for the stage shown) was a tad low.



Jon was on pace for a good finish in the Semi-Auto Division until his ND won him a trip to the Dairy Queen.

The Match Director allowed me to finish the match with Jon's semi-auto gun. On the other hip-shooting stage ("Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammo") I put 5 out of 7 rounds on the last, far target.

Congrats to our Primary Range Officer, Richard Bhella, who was the Match Winner, shooting in the Modern Open Division.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Jon said…

    After watching the video, I realized the sling couldn't have gotten in the way, and my middle finger came off the pistol grip and hit the trigger as I dumped my mag. I know for certain my trigger finger was off the trigger because I had dumped my mag and I had to use my trigger finger to activate the mag release. No matter what, I did hit the trigger and make the gun go "BANG" when I didn't want it to. "sigh" I was doing so well up to that point.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004