Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Stateside Base Exchange with a Gun Shop!

Who wudda thunk it?!? The Davis-Monthan Air Force Base Exchange here in Tucson opened a gun shop this month!

This is a first in my adult life. My Dad picked up what would later be my first gun, a beautiful Remington 870 Wingmaster, from the Johnson Air Base (Japan) BX back in the 60s, but I've never before seen anything other than slings and gun cleaning supplies in a stateside exchange before.

The gun prices look a little high, but then you realize that's the walk-away price (no sales tax!). Now, I wasn't in the market for a new gun, but seeing one great deal, I got an itch I just had to scratch. Guess the make and caliber and win a week-long Blog Ad on my side bar!





When I first saw the display at the right, I thought, "Oooh, nice AirSoft guns!"

I'll post Gun Pr0n and hopefully a glowing range report soon after the above contest ends.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger Nate said…

    Hill AFB up here in Utah opened up their gun store in the BX several months ago. I haven't bought anything from them yet but consider that a result of the extended unemployment.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    Make and caliber, eh? Well, I know I've got a major-league hankering for that new Springfield .45 XDm (13+1) and they say on the flyer there 'limited quantities'. If they had any, I'd've jumped on it, so let's throw that in the mix.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    Here's another gun I'm looking for to snag at some point (the worst kind of projection I'm putting nn here!): the Kel-Tec PMR30, that new .22 Magnum rimfire autoloader that promises cheap(er) shooting, with of course 30 rounds in the stack (a poor boy's 5.7?). Not so bad looking, and for less than $450, might be the object of a quick snap-decision purchase, no?

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Cargosquid said…

    The Marine Exchange in Norfolk, VA also sells guns.

    If you would like to see pics of the Kel-Tec, check out Oleg Volk's livejournal. Great pics of Keltec weapons, usually being used by gorgeous women.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger cmblake6 said…

    Well, we've got a R&G here on Cannon. No gun shop in the BX, damnit. Maybe now we have the new mission, we'll get some new facilities!

    SOCOM 16, .308?

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    No correct guesses yet, but y'all are getting warm!

    CMBlake, I've already got a SOCOM-16. You can see me use it in a few of my YouTube Match videos.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004