Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, December 21, 2009

I <3 Woot

One of the great things about Woot.com (besides the killer deals) is the imaginative sales chatter that goes with each deal. Today's deal shows that Woot's not above poking a little fun at the current Administration.

Copied in its entirety because it'll be gone tomorrow:

DIGITAL DIPLOMACY

“As a token of the friendship between our peoples, Madame Secretary, I humbly present to you this hand-carved 16th-century teakwood ceremonial mask, reflecting the ancient traditions of our native craftsmen.”

“On behalf of the American people, thank you, Mr. Foreign Minister. And in the interest of promoting cultural understanding between two great nations, please accept this token of affection from the United States: the Kodak Easyshare 8” Wireless Digital Frame.”

“Um, I see. Yes, uh, thank you. What does it do, exactly?”

“This fine electronic frame connects directly to photo-sharing sites like Kodak Gallery and Flickr, making it easier than ever before to stay in touch with your digital-photo memories.”

“My, how, er, considerate. A digital photo frame.”

“But not just any digital photo frame. The Kodak Easyshare 8” Wireless Digital Frame features an intuitive QuickTouch border, which not only lets you scroll through your photos with the touch of a fingertip, but also displays the latest news, weather, sports, and more.”

“Huh, yeah. Uh, don’t get me wrong, it sounds cool, and I know it’s the thought that counts. I guess I sort of expected something a little higher class from the world’s only superpower.”

“Well, as we say in America, there’s nothing higher class than the wireless convenience and multimedia functionality of the Kodak Easyshare 8” Wireless Digital Frame.”

“Wow. Are you sure you’re from the United States? The big, rich country with all the nuclear missiles?”

“Ah-haw-haw-haw. I see now why your people are renowned for their sense of humor. But there’s more to the Kodak Easyshare 8” Wireless Digital Frame. It can also play MP3s stored on its 512MB internal memory or on a memory card (sold separately).”

“Right. Right. Let me ask you: are you serious?”

“As Secretary of State, I assure you that I’d never joke about the Kodak Easyshare 8” Wireless Digital Frame. It’s a matter our administration treats with the utmost seriousness. Especially since Kodak paid for our plane fare and hotel rooms. Let me also express my sincere hope that these talks lead to a closer relationship between our nations and renewed cooperation on matters of international concern. Kodak: Share Moments, Share Life.”

“Yeah, great. Listen, can I have that mask back?”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004