Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Cactus League Multi-Gun

I was so wrapped up in the movie making that it slipped my mind that the Cactus League Fun Gun Match was scheduled for a week earlier than usual. So I didn't get any stages sent in. Thankfully, League Poobah Terry Allison whipped up four Turkey Day stages, plus a stage that actually awarded a turkey to the stage winner! Jon was so fast I couldn't even capture his whole draw on my new Flip Video Cam!

Jon was top shotgunner (with me in 2nd), but I squeaked ahead of him (and everybody else) in the carbine match! Okay, so I only beat half a dozen riflemen.... Whoohoo, anyway!

I was pretty sloppy on the four pistol stages... even got beat by 3 of the 4 D-Limited shooters. I was shooting a GLOCK 19 like the one pictured at right.

Right behind Jon and I was young Patrick sporting a pretty accurate AK. I'll have to give him crap next match about flipping off his safety before the clock started! :)



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so your going to give the shooter crap for taking off his safety and say nothing to the apparently clueless RO for not saying anything about it???

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    The RO was as clueless as I was. I couldn't SEE him click off the safety, but the CAMERA heard it, since it doesn't wear earplugs as the RO and I were. The RO will read this soon enough, so I don't need to give him crap about it.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So your saying you dont look thru your cammera lens? You and more importiantly the RO dident notice him plain as day reach over with his thumb and click off the safety??

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    The LCD viewfinder of a Flip Video Cam is less than 2"x2" and I don't wear my reading glasses to the range. I frame the picture and let the camera do the rest.

    Since I wasn't watching the RO, I can only assume all the farting around with the sling might have camouflaged the motion to the safety which might be obvious to this angle, but not to the RO standing where he is, wearing non-electronic earplugs. You can Armchair RO this til the cows come home, but like a baseball call, once it's in the books, there's no point harping (beyond the harping I already did).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004