Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Indy Friends

I was feeling sort of miserable (with the heat turned up) as I left Michigan and feared showing up on a blog friend's doorstep looking like a wet rat. Fortunately, the evil weather cleared up right around Fort Wayne, so I was able to change into clean, dry clothes and shoes and appear as the desert rat I am, not the soaked Mitten State variety. My friend Brigid (Home on the Range) leaped into action when she saw a visitor in distress at her door... specifically, she rushed my soaking wet rifle to her garage and got a fan blowing on it and my wet mags and ammo.

Next, she slapped some steaks on the sizzling skillet and treated me to a delicious dinner (I brought the adult beverages to go with it). Barkley was a bit miffed that he only got a few green beans out of the deal, though I'm sure there was some leftover steak bound to make the doggy happy.

Brigid invited me to the Indy Blogmeet Sunday, but I was getting a touch of Get-Home-itis (and had run over a year's quota of socializing between my Reunion and the Match), so I passed on my regards to the other Hoosier Amazons (Tam and Roberta) and made my departure on a lovely Sunday morning. It was nice to see St. Louis in the daytime, since my other trip through was on a rainy night.


The rest of the trip was uneventful. I stopped a several rest areas in New Mexico for naps, then made the Left Turn at Albuquerque for the final dogleg home.

And thanks to Lisa the Biker Chick, Home was still in one piece when I arrived.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Home on the Range said…

    It was great to see you again. Barkley was sitting staring at the door after you left, wondering if the man that smelled like gunpowder and steak was coming back.

    Glad you made it home safe!

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger Joanie said…

    One of these days you're just going to have to make it out to see me. Although, at the rate I'm going, you'll have to come to Vegas to do it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004