Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

i i i i !

Made my first adventure to the optometrist today with less than 20/20 or 20/15 vision. It's the A-word... "astigmatism" and while bi-focals were an option, I opted to go with the distance glasses and get a pair of 1.0 reading glasses at the drug store. Part of that is vanity and another is the practical shooter in me wanting the whole lens to see through.

I'd been putting off getting my eyes checked for a year, but Jon jolted me into action by asking me to look over some Korean legal document and help him translate. Boy, the small print in my KOR-ENG dictionary kicked my ass! Now I'm resting in my dark hermit cave after having my pupils dilated with eye drops. Apparently, the eyes were otherwise in good shape, welcome news with glaucoma running in the family [knock on wood].

I won't have the new glasses til after the first week of school, so I'll muddle through Sunday's match like I've been doing... bringing a scoped rifle whenever there's going to be any distance shooting involved. Who knows, if I get my eagle eyes back, maybe I'll shoot the SOCOM in the Superstition again next year?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Joanie said…

    Good luck with the new glasses. I so need to go to the eye doc, but can't afford to at the moment. Perhaps in a few months. And if I need glasses, you have to come pick them out for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004