Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Saturday Night Shuffle

2,000 to 2,499 kB

I've been avoiding my Logic homework until tomorrow, but my Writing II research paper looms and that involves more reading than writing. It's critical writing, requiring one or two schools of literary critical thought on a piece of our choice that was assigned for reading during this semester. My selection is Tim O'Brien's Vietnam war short story "The Things That They Carried" (we hadn't even been assigned to read it intil this week, but I read it for pleasure when I saw it on the list) and I'll be using the biographical and socio-historic schools of criticism to answer the burning question, "WTF? Didn't that LT have any g*ddamned NCOs in his freakin' platoon?"

I'll try to word that a little more academically.

1. Bush - Swim
2. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
3. Def Leppard - Love Bites
4. Elton John - Honky Cat
5. Madonna - Justify my Love
6. Steve Winwood - My Love's Leavin'
7. Nazareth - Star (My high school buddy Ralph and I wore out his copy of No Mean City, a totally kick-ass album that didn't seem to catch on the states. Looking for the DVD, I could only find a foreign copy. Ya think the album cover affected our perception?)
8. Blondie- Rapture
9. J. Geils Band - Musta Got Lost
10. Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet
11. Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2 - Live)
12. Walter Murphy - A Fifth of Beethoven
13. Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights
14. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
15. Free - All Right Now
16. Heart - Even it Up
17. Queensryche - Best That I Can
18. Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down Me
19. Patsy Cline - Who's Sorry Now?
20. Led Zeppelin - Gallows Pole

Wow, no embarrassing ABBA this time! Of course, I stopped at 20. Couldn't take any chances. (I jumped through the next five tracks without hitting any of the schmaltzy Rhino Records tunes I've got. Hurray for me!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Joanie said…

    I approve this list.

    Funny that you had Free and Steve Winwood on there cuz they both just got major play here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004