Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whoohoo! Phillies!

The Phillies win the NL Pennant! I can imagine my Grandpa downing the last of his Schmidt's and flicking the ash off his Camel Unfiltered as he brushes off his bath towel shawl and whoops it up at the silent TV. Yup, "Pepa" doesn't know that Harry Callas isn't broadcasting any more and it's safe to turn up the volume. Thankfully, the Phils finished off the uber-hated Dodgers (hated by me, not Pepa... he reserved his vitriol for the Yankees).

I'm kinda indifferent to whomever wins the World Series now, but I'd kinda like to see the Phillies win one for the cranky old man in the grey non-descript ballcap. He's probably got a few old Bethlehem Steel buddies rooting with him up there....

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, but Harry Callas still did some broadcasting this season for Comcast Sportsnet in Philadelphia. I'm sure they have remotes with mute up there so he can put up with only a few innings of silence.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Gasgwar said…

    I live in Pittsburgh. I think we are on our fourth year of our third five year plan or something like that.

    Oh well, at least we have football and hockey still. Glad to hear your team is campaigning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004