Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, July 28, 2008

PA Open Carry


This is legal, right?

I forgot my favorite cowboy hat, so I make do....











Postscript:

Okay, wise guys, it's legal... but not a good idea.

Since I was a bad, bad gunny for staging that picture, let me finish this post by addressing the safety features of the NAA mini-revolver.

See those notches on the rear of the cylinder? That's where the hammer rests after you load the pistol; you can hammer down on a live cartridge, but that would be silly. Experiments are ongoing, but I imagine you might get it to slamfire if it lands on the closed hammer after a fall from a two-story building onto concrete. Mom's got grass and gravel behind the house, so I couldn't test that. Fanning the hammer (without pressing the trigger) either cocks it or results in no firing. I haven't tried it with the trigger pulled... it was a safety check, not an unsafety check.


Actually, this is the only piece with which I've enjoyed PA Open Carry. That NAA wouldn't make a bear even blink.

Post-postscript: That's a Bisley/Vaquero. For jaunts into potential Bear Country, I stoke it with jacketed soft-point .44 Mags (far left), but normally I kept it loaded with four .44 Spec. Glaser Safety Slugs and two Black Talons. Just because.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    That would be a lot more impressive if it was like a Raging Bull or something.

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger cmblake6 said…

    Works for me.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    No problems there!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger El Capitan said…

    Do you know if the Ruger Bisley is identical to the Vaquero/Blackhawk frame, aside from the grip frame and hammer? I sure like the look of the design, and buying the spare parts is a lot cheaper than the whole rig.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jay G said…

    I so totally want to get one of the belt buckle holsters for my mini-22...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004