Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Time for Hot Beans Again!

Got a few more hours to go.

Thought some would taste good for Super Sunday. Why did the Super Bowl have to happen in Arizona? There's a Cactus Match that morning, but traffic promises to be a nightmare on the way back. It's Jon's Wedding Anniversary Weekend, so I ought not drop in and bother the celebrants; methinks I'll avoid the Phoenix area altogether.

There's an IPSC match up at Pima Sunday; at TRC is a Tucson Action Shooters Club multi-gun match on Saturday and a SASS Cowboy Match on Sunday. Will I finally drag myself out of my social comfort zone and try something new? Or will I sleep in both days? Either way, I'll have some yummy hot chili beans to warm me up afterwards.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Having eaten the beans, I'm sure the Phoenix area will appreciate the fact that you avoided it.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    Yannow, I'm looking real hard in your pot, I can't see many, you know, beans. Taters, green peppers, some tomatoes, maybe a black bean here and there...

    What you need is some of my extry-special white beans, where I break down the first batch completely down to near-broth, then add and cook the next batch in the remnants of the first. With just a bit of ham hock, then served with homemade corn bread and fresh green onions...and of course with chow chow relish.

    gotta love da beans...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004