Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

BoG 2 is Dead -- Lucky Me

My gas-piston AR is toast, both upper and lower upper trashed, lower receiver slightly bowed, but no cracks visible.

ka-BOOM!

I'm a tad distraught, but I count myself lucky. Still have all my fingers, both eyes, and my oh-so handsome mug. Got some pictures to take and inquiries to make tomorrow.

Up until then, I had a pretty decent time at the Cactus Monthly USPSA Match.

Update: I'm withholding details at least until I hear from the manufacturer. I haven't even received an auto-response from them yet... maybe they're hiding from me :(

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dayum! Glad to hear you're ok. Looking forward for the pics and more info.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Bummer dude. That'd probably make me skittish for a while.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was it something inherent in the design? Or just some bullet in barrel malf?

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who made this gun?
    I'm always kinda nosy about such things, as I may want to buy one myself, and would like to know about safety, etc.

    Merle

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger John R said…

    I'm with the others, we need a whole lot more information.

    Images, type of ammo, number of rounds, exactly what the hell happened. You know, all the interesting stuff.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger cmblake6 said…

    Oh yes. Tell us more! Glad you survived! That stuff ain't funny.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger catfish said…

    Been there, done that. Blew up my STI with a double charge thanks to me being a bonehead. Felt like the palms of my hands had been hit with a 2x4. Hard.

    Feel your pain, Blob.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004