Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Darkroom Days

Back during my first tour in Korea, I spent a lot of time on the glide path to Osan Air Base with my Pentax K1000 and in the Rec Center darkroom.

Figured I'd get some enjoyment out of the way-noisy F-4 Phantoms who often disrupted my shift-worker slumber.

My downtown apartment was directly under one of the final approach turns...amazing what squeaks came out of that airframe when the flaps and gear came down.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That "howl" always reminded my of "Airwolf". I lived under the inner turn pattern in Fort Worth. Luckily, the BUFFs and tankers didn't follow the same pattern.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Always liked the F-4. I saw a few of them at Tyndall in '02. They had been converted to target drones. Kind of sad to see 'em like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004