Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Trick or Treat!

This weekend, Terry, the Cactus League Chairman and 4th Sunday Match Poobah, announced that we're going to turn our October Multi-Gun Fun Match into a fer-real USPSA 3-Gun Match! After inquiry on how this is going to happen, I discovered that I am the Stage Design Committee. Yihaw! Hopefully, I can draft Jon into joining.

I've got to crack the USPSA books to ensure compliance, but I think Terry and the Stat Lady are gonna have their hands full with new scoring software and score sheets. Or maybe that's easier than it looks...I've never shot/RO'd a real USPSA 3-Gun event.

My longtime readers and YouTube watchers know that October is traditionally our Halloween-motif match, and Terry wants to keep that. If we're going to include prizes (I hope), maybe we can get a sponsor to pony up something for a Costume Contest too. Nothing that interferes with shooting safety, of course, but some imaginative outfits ought to add to the fun.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    I'm trying to motivate myself for the July ACTS and the July 3-gun match at Pima.

    Really trying.

    Thinking of ways I can rig up a portable AC unit...

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Cooler with ice/water, a neckerchief to keep moist, sunscreen. And take that vest off!

    Did y'all get some real mag pouches?

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    What? While on vacation in Hawaii?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004