Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, June 25, 2007

After the Practice Match

Boy, was that fun! Lotsa long gun shooters showed up to try my stages. I forgot to bring the camera, so my mind was free of that distraction. You'd think I'd've shot better? No! I sucked big time. Note to self: if your AR is sighted in for 200 yards, hold low at 80! What an idiot I am.

Was not so stupid with riotgun...just slow. I slipped a LimbSaver recoil pad on to the Benelli...it moved my cheek weld back on the stock to where the sights line up more naturally. Also started loading with my left hand (something I never considered until I got a pistol-grip shottie); I need some practice with that.

Jon competed with his POF-USA gas-piston AR for the first time; he's quite tickled with it. Bob brought out his new Glock 34...he's now a shotgun away from having his own 3-Gun battery! Bob managed Jon's Rem870 well enough, missing as often as I did. [Grumble Freaking Texas Star misses! Grumble]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004