Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Swallow the Pride

Yes, Cowboy Blob Fans, for 10 years I've been competing in IPSC and other format practical pistol competition, and even though I've waffled between Minor and Major caliber rifles, I've always stuck with the Major caliber Pistol, either a .40 S&W or .45 ACP. That ended last weekend, when I felt the Need for Speed and admittedly gamed a match which did not respect Power Factor. Certainly, I've stuck with my trusty Glock 22 or BoG single-stack .45 before in both the Pima Tactical and the annual Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, I've just come to realize...along with the fact that many formats don't care about Power Factor-- 9-mm is waaaay cheaper than anything with a "4" in it!! Of course I say this when I've bought great bulks of ammo during my employed periods to tide me through times when I was "underemployed."

This weekend, even though I have a few months of .45 ACP saved up, I'm participating in a Class III Challenge, so instead of burning up .45 ammo in my P-14 Para, I'll match my Uzi against Chuck's (Jon's brother's) 9-mm AR buzz gun. Sure, he'll kick my ass, but it'll be fun!!

After that...I think I'll stick to my Glock 19 for a while. Maybe that's the path for affording that expensive Benelli.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004