Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Benji the Abomination

My shooting buddy Jon has been a big influence on my gun purchasing choices since I first met him 20 years ago (this month!). He introduced me to Glocks, Paras, and found a dealer selling Bushmaster Shorties at rock-bottom prices. I've never been embarrassed to pull out my match AR that was identical to Jon's in every respect (the Trijicon Reflex was MY idea!) ...I mean, only women are that catty, right? A thought like that only struck me once, when Jon thought it would be fun to plink little plastic army men in the back yard with pellet rifles. Somehow, I just couldn't get a gun identical to Jon's, even though I'd decided on a Benjamin-Sheridan .20 caliber pump...like Jon's. To be different from Jon's very utilitarian blued gun, I bought the chromed abomination you see pictured.

What was I thinking? It's a darned great pellet gun, but it's as ugly as sin. I don't even like chrome on handguns! Anyway, I'll take it back to PA this summer and see how well Mom's squirrels like it.

And if I can't find a Benelli M2 Tactical...I'll settle for an M1 Super 90 just like Jon's!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger roninaz said…

    Nothing like a pellet rifle to practice marksmanship when you do not have the time to make it to the range.

    That and with one you can run your own experiments on Darwinism with the Grackles.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Benjamin-Sheridan blue streak has served me well fo almost 20 years. Strong squirrel medicine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004