Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Ten Manliest Firearms

:( I only own seven of these.

h/t to Pistolero

Sample of the good stuff:

Switzerland has not been invaded in 800 years, because every man and most of the women are issued guns which they keep at home. Imagine a government that not only allows but INSISTS its citizens keep military grade weapons. That's points right there. Even more, they hold quarterly Schuetzenfests, at which shooting, carousing and drinking are expected. And it's entirely possible you will have your ass handed to you by a 13 year old girl shooting a select-fire StG90 assault rifle that she carried to the range from school, slung across her back while pedaling her bicycle. Swiss GIRLS are better men than most allegedly-male American liberals.

There is a story, possibly apocryphal but awesome nonetheless, that a ranking German (possibly the Kaiser) was visiting and watching the Swiss military on their summer maneuvers. He asked the Swiss commander, "How big a force do you command?"

The Swiss general confidently replied, "I can mobilize one million men in twenty-four hours."

The German asked, "What would happen if I marched five million men in here tomorrow?"

The Swiss replied, "Each of my men will fire five shots and go home."

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger the pistolero said…

    Better than me, for as of yet I only own one, the 1911 -- and no Colts, so in some people's eyes I'm sure that wouldn't count, though I don't buy into that "if it's not a Colt it's not a REAL 1911" crap. I own four of them, though. ;-)

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, I followed the link to that site. Some very funny stuff there. I dare ya to send the following link to Tamara. I dare ya!!!

    http://www.arthurshall.com/x_whores.shtml

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    You go right ahead, Timmeeee. She knows what *I* look like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004