Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

From My Cold Dead Fingers?

Over my dead body?

Some enterprising thingmaker SPAMmed my Email, thinking that my readers and I might be interested in a "fast opening biometric gun safe endorsed by NRA firearms safety instruction
program." (sic)

Well, Frank, here's what you get for your money....

I have no children, so the only selling point to me for your product is out. the. window. At the CB hacienda, if it's not locked up in heavy steel protected by a combo lock or unpickable key-lock, it's loaded, near-to-hand, and ready for action. This way, if some goon somehow overpowers me, he can't access the rest of my goodies with my cold dead finger.

Frank, I can tell you're not a longtime reader; otherwise, you'd know that I run no ads on this blog and don't pimp other peoples' stuff unless I've bought it myself and can rave about it honestly. Unless it's something I'm drooling over...or someone has given me something (like that will ever happen -- of course, I'd have to disclose the gift status to my readers) or if it's something I'm ridiculing. Now you decide which.

Is this the same technology that The Nanny State wants to incorporate into everybody's guns? I've seen a feature on this technology on a gun-retaining holster. Do you know who was depicted as the end-user? A police officer! Police officers are The Only OnesTM who'll be exempted from this technology when the sell-outs at the NRA allow this to be mandated for everybody else!

Good luck with your product, Frank. I'm sure some of my readers might be interested. If you think this kind of advertising isn't what you bargained for when you SPAMmed me:

"You get what pay you for."

7 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looks like it's be great for keeping carbon frozen Han Solo's in though...?

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    I hate to say it, but I did find the thing on an NRA site...supposedly sold to members only.

    Who knows, it might be a response to being called a 'baby killer' for flying an NRA decal, or to other hateful rhetoric from the left wing (albeit somewhat lessened in recent years, it's gonna come back with a vengeance soon enough). Some kind of offering at the political correctness altar.

    Not for me. Maybe I'll buy one and donate it to a local school, to keep in the principal's office, in case of emergency... ;D

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man I'd order just because it looks cool!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh and its battery powered. Just imagine, you need to get your gun out in an emergency at 3am and you find the battery is dead!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Didn't email you this item as spam. I thought you and your readers would find this to be a valuable item and a new interesting technology. Sure I am interested in introducing new customers to our site but as well thought this would provide cutting edge content and discussion for your blog. The Biometric Technology does not recognize "Dead Fingers" it's far more advanced & the Biovault 2.0 comes with an adapter that plugs in so running out of batteries is never a problem! Many of our customers do not beleive in keeping loaded guns unsecured and if locked up with key or combo lock that may not help in the case of emergencies & we felt many of your readers would agree...in that case the BioVault is an ideal solution.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Regardless of your good intentions, unsolicited advertising Emails are SPAM...well-targeted SPAM in your case. Please expand on the Dead Finger Filter Feature on your site!

    You wanted discussion...you got discussion.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    I still can't understand the NRA site's "For Members Only" wording, in direct competition with your spammer. I'm going to send an email to the NRA demanding an explanation, or a change in the wording of their site. Just because I can...I'm a troublesome sort, or so my wife tells me!

    Something fishy here...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004