Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Do Rock'n'Roll Dreams Come True?

The Hebrewm (nyuk! I just made that up) is safe in the hands of my favorite gunsmith...or is it? He's offered a stack of custom guns in trade for it already. Now he's got all the time in the world to play with it. Of course, he won't have much fun with it until he figures out why it invariably leaves too light a primer dent and fails to fire. Since the firing pin is actually just a bump on the bolt face -- and the bolt is a semi-auto bolt specially cut for legal full-auto conversion, I imagine he'll have to cut and weld in a replacement bump. Or maybe it's a spring thing.

Now I'm not saying Ed's gonna take advantage and shoot the heck out of it...in fact, he's welcome to it. Even when I found an ammo it likes most of all (Wolf), I'd still get a jam once every so many mags. Maybe he can figure that out. When I get it back, I hope to treat my friend Jon and myself to a Rock'n'Roll Cactus Match. Our attempt at the same last year was met by the problem at hand. Grrrr. It would be nice to race through a stage with confidence; heck, I might just forgo shooting pistol on 1st Sundays and try to get proficient with it for a year.

Oh, yeah. I also dropped off my Number 1 Gunsafe Queen, the Stoeger American Eagle Luger. I've never found a gunsmith willing to touch it -- Ed confessed that he didn't know squat about Lugers, but hey, he's a clever, resourceful guy...if anybody can figure out why it's got a 3,000 lb. trigger pull, he can.

Gee, I went digging in my pic files to find y'all some nice Gun Pr0n, and here I am cluttering it up with words. Well, without those, I'd just have to title this REPOST.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger KeesKennis said…

    "3000 lb trigger pull" is what the control wuzzies want in all gauns.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Ride Fast said…

    Stoegers a a mess. They can't be fixed. They're dangerous to the shooter. I'll buy if from you to keep you safe, buddy. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004