Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Older But Wiser

Not! Trucked on up to Ben Avery (America's Best Shooting Range!) this morning for the league USPSA match. Not quite slow and sloppy; my hits were good, except for my off-hand shooting on the classifier. The weather was fantastic and I got finished by noon. On the way back, I marveled at how much wisdom has eluded me sometimes. My Guardian Angel bitched my ear off on the way home.

Sure it's October--in Phoenix!! Wear sunscreen! At least on the tops of your arms.

That #6 steel shot 12 ga. ammo you accidentally bought is for shooting game in states that don't allow lead. Don't shoot steel with it! Can you say "elastic collision?" I knew you could. Good thing you were wearing glasses and didn't let a minor thing like a facefull of flying metal slow your run down...much.

You got that nice pair of Nomex gloves last Christmas...why are you resetting the Texas Star (with lead smears all over it) with your bare hands? Got a nice hot surprise trying to reload your shotgun, didn't you?

Yo...gonna clean that pistol soon?

Fat lot of good your camera's doing sitting on your computer--what, you think your readers don't care about all the neat stages other people design?

Uh...you do know what's the speed limit here, right? [This line of inquiry continued all the way back to Tucson.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004