Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Loose Change

On top of the dryer, nightstand, dresser, coffee table, kitchen counter...in my range bags, the console of my truck-- everywhere I look, I find a couple years' accumulation of loose change and loose ammo. I haven't checked the sofa cushions yet, but around the house, I've topped off my poker money jar (the bottom half is almost all quarters) and reached critical mass in the loose ammo can.

After seeing my utility bill this month, I'm gonna take this windfall to the coin sorter at the credit union and cash them in. I'll still have enough left for a poker stash, even though most of the poker players I know moved to Phoenix!

The loose ammo, usually ejected and pocketed at the end of match stages over the years, will get sorted and loaded for a practice session or five (can't use them in a match because I know a couple of them have been through the washing machine). Some of them are premium defense rounds that will return to magazines whose springs I've been letting relax.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger blogagog said…

    Did you ever drop a rimfire cartridge on the pavement only to have it go off and hit my neighbor in the arm, and then have to deny it was your bullet?

    Yeah, me neither.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004