Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I Reserved the Right to Change my Mind

Happy BAG Day!

Introducing:

BoG 2: Electric Bugaloo!

I know I told you last month that I'd declare my Yugo SKS my BAG Day gun--but I lied. Well, no I didn't...I weakened. I'd just plopped down my plastic for the EOTech and BUIS at another vendor, when I hit the DPMS table again on the way out of the gun show. Stripped receiver and lower receiver kit for under $200! Feel...froggy...must...jump.... I got everything but the buffer stuff, since by the time I get around to putting the kit together, another gun show will roll around. Time to put my SMM3G winnings to good use!

Since the kit came with a pistol grip, I decided to use my extra one for paint experiments. I should shop around for some Krylon Fusion, because the regular stuff just doesn't cut it. The blaze orange recommended a white primer background, but it didn't really stick well to that...most of the white stuff on the test grip is masking tape residue--not paint--that stuck in the checkering (or paint mixing with the tape residue). The solid white showing is the primer coat where the orange had rubbed off when I tried scrubbing out the residue.

Maybe I'll just settle for another Evil Black Rifle. I've been shopping around for uppers; pretty much fixated on a flattop 16-incher with a short handguard with accessory rails (I'll keep these handguards as spares for my HBAR if I don't find a buyer). If I'm feeling extravagant and want to blow all my tax refund, I'd get one of POF's gas-piston uppers, but the smart money is on a Rock River upper from ADCO...you can even custom-build one. The only downer is that the only muzzle brake they have is the "birdcage." I've got a couple of ideas for those; one being a Bennie Cooley Tactical from JP.

Yepper, I've got Box o' Gun II now...let's hope this one gets into action a lot sooner than the original BoG and doesn't need any gunsmithing.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    From here at first glance, that orange-grip wiht the black and white almost looked a bit like a snakeskin effect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004