Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, March 13, 2006

SMM 3-Gun Pr0n

Besides the 9-mm (Springfield XD?) that went to a lucky Shooter's Banquet diner (Jon and I were skunked for prizes there this year), the match also raffled off two big-ticket firearms. Jon bought five tickets for the DPMS .308 match-grade rifle with Leupold scope. There was a silent intake of breath next to me as the emcee read the winning ticket..."Jon...," he spent a couple of seconds squinting at the last name...Somebodyelse. Doh! I don't think Jon would have kept the rifle since DPMS only prescribes match-grade .308 for it...but its sale would represent a buttload of ammo to him and maybe even another firearm on the side. I didn't buy any tickets because I'd spent almost all my cash on a 3-Gun Bagworks .308 mag pouch and didn't want to drag out my checkbook. DPMS donated a similar rifle last year. Great gun folks!




The other raffle gun was another BFR from Smith & Wesson, this year a .460 S&W (last year's was a .500). Jon passed on trying for this one because we both know he'd have to shoot it in a Cactus Match before selling it to finance his wrist reconstruction surgery.

Proceeds from the raffles went to Rio Salado Sportman's Club Youth Shooting activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004