Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Times Flies

Today I've been out of the Air Force for 4 years! In honor of the occasion, the local gunsmith called me up and told me my 9-mm AR was ready! My re-retirement present had some extractor work done and the metal magazines I'd brought along were declared poopy (I knew that). He said the new polymer ones from Natchez worked great...I'm very happy and will order more ASAP. Most of the other mags are Uzi format, so I'll try them out on the sub-gun, provided I can ever get it working again!

Since I drove across town to pick up the AR, I decided to have a look around the shop...I really can't afford a new gun, but why waste the trip without at least doing some eye shopping? Did I mention today is USAF retiree payday, too?

[Points to nose emphatically] Yes...I bought something! If you can guess (one guess only!) what shootin' iron I brought home with the AR, you'll win a one-month custom BlogAd on my side bar!

Since I'm antsy to play with the AR, I'm doing a range trip tomorrow. I'll bring the Niner AR, BoG (since I didn't get to shoot it Sunday), the New Toy, the SOCOM-16 (because I owe my readers a real range report), and possibly the Uzi, after a good scrubbing and reassembly. All this will get blogged Monday the 6th (which will be the deadline for the Guess the New Gun Contest) or later. By then, I should also have coverage of the First Sunday USPSA Match and the League's Annual Awards Banquet the night before. I'm a guest of the club poo-bahs, having shown up with greater regularity than my betters to accrue points. More next week!

Update!

7 Comments:

  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Josh said…

    Give us a price range to work with!

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Never! BWAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAWAAAWAAA!!!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    Let me guess...

    A Berretta 92F?

    We need to get together for another range trip. I think you'd like the new upper I got for my AR, and my new wheelgun, a S&W Model 25 Mountain Gun in .45LC.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    ONE "r" in Beretta! ONE!

    I KNOW that!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    How does next weekend sound? It'll give me something to look forward to after the end of football season!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    Never? No fair!

    Damn. Another SASS shooter? No, not likely. Another Glock? No. A nine-mike companion piece? Possible. Not even necessarliy a pistol...

    OK, I'll guess a Winchester 94 (since they're closing).

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    Next weekend as in the 11th or 12th? Sounds good to me. Pick a day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004