Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Lazy Bastard

Afternoon nap attacks, related insomnia, and reluctance to drag my lazy ass to the nearby range have conspired to derail my Range Day plans. So I save eight bucks before the match weekend and will probably have a sucky match performance. I'm not worried about being Cactus Competitive; normally I shoot major Limited and minor (fast) carbine. This weekend, I'm going Heavy Metal with one exception: I put my Tasco ProPoint optics on the SOCOM, even though I won't be using the scope in the big annual Superstition 3-Gun Match in March. I'm doing this to teach myself to shoot over the sights at short ranges. I was so slow last weekend because I insisted on a sight picture even though some of the targets were barely beyond bayonet range. (If this scope is true to form, it'll quit in mid-stage so I won't be cheating using the illuminated T-Dot reticle.) If the scope doesn't quit, I might shoot the SOCOM at Catctus more often (and shoot up all the steel-tipped stuff I can't shoot at matches using steel).

Oh, yeah, I have no idea where the scope is gonna shoot. It doesn't allow use of the iron sights, but appears to be centered, at least in traverse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004