Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

Kinda excited about the Blogger Range Day tomorrow. Must control the impulse to bring along almost everything I own. I dug around the garage for target stuff...I want to introduce Kevin to the practical shooting environment. Back when Jon lived down here, we used to set up impromptu stages with what little gear we had between us to prepare for Cactus Matches. I have several target stands and IPSC targets, steel targets (thanks for the Xmas and retirement presents!) and wooden stakes...even some bowling pins. I intend to just staple paper plates to the cardboard for targets, but with those and the bowling pins, we can approximate a practical shooting stage.

I dug into the safe and converted my Rem. 1100 shotty to Open configuration. After the Superstition, I'll try to keep in the Cactus Riotgun points race this year. In 2005, I was Limited all the way and my scores suffered (not enough riotgunners for separate categories). Sunday I was 3rd out of 5 even using the 870, so if I keep the auto clean and if the O-Rings hold up, I can give Jon or Mr. SpaceGunner a run for second place.

Sometime during the year, I will compete with the 9-mm carbine, even though the League no longer supports the format; it's just too much fun. Gotta do this before the oppressive temps of summer kick in so I can also have time to shoot BoG or my Colt single-stack. Yeah, I'm gonna try Limited 10 exclusively. After the Superstition, BoG should be going to Robar to get coated. The gunsmithing I want for the Colt will have to wait until BoG comes back.

I just sent off stage descriptions for the next Multi-Gun match, though the League Poobah led me to believe it was for March, the schedule says that April will be the next opportunity. Grrr. The theme for the stages was "March Madness." I'm sure no one will notice the incongruity.

Gonna bring some single-action iron along tomorrow, for Cowboy Cred, if for nothing else. I'm half-tempted to show up in Cowboy garb just 'cuz it's so practical in the morning. Those long sleeves are good for keeping off both the morning chill and the afternoon sun. Hope to see to readers out there!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:16 AM, Blogger Josh said…

    If I wasn't 500 miles away...

    Have fun and be safe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004