Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Blob, Cowboy Blob

I didn't think I'd be doing another Gun and Knife Show any time soon, but this week I came across this little Smith & Wesson S.W.A.T. knife at the Military Clothing shop on base. I'd gone in only intending to buy a replacement bite valve for my Camelbak (a ferret casualty), but noticed the cool selection of S&W folding knives on display. They had a full size folder like this (Big SWAT?) and one in black called "Special Ops." I didn't NEED a big, serrated blade folder, but this little one looked kinda handy and the furniture reminded me of my summertime gun, a Walther PPK/S. The rounds are the only ones I'd trust to defend myself in a .380 ACP gun, Federal Hydra-shoks. In fact, my "Bond Gun" likes them better than most FMJs.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger azlibertarian said…

    I got Mrs. Azlib a PPK a number of years ago. She doesn't carry, and will only infrequently come out to the range with me. So, I will sometimes carry it when I want to be more discreet than I can get away with by carrying my Glock. I recently got my first ankle holster for the thing, but I'm not convinced that I'd be able to get to it as quickly as I'd like (I'm a 40-something sporting a 'spare tire' around my beltline.) I'm not fully confident that the .380 will be sufficient in a defense shooting, and honestly, I hope I never have to find out. Without doing the testing myself, I just have to accept the gun-writers views on the matter. I too keep Hydra-shoks in it, but I alternate 2 Hydra-shoks with 2 Glasers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004