Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Cowboy Gun Pr0n

While I'm enjoying living on the Starve-a-Cold, Starve-a-Fever Weight-loss Plan, I might as well beef up my Gunblog content. I've mentioned some of these pieces previously; here they are in their full glory. The scattergun, or my "Elmer Fudd Gun" Stevens 311A, does multiple duty as a nightstand gun, Bunny Whacker, and candidate cowboy gun. One of my New Years Resolutions is to finally try Cowboy Action Shooting.

The gunbelt and right-side holster I bought from a leather shop in South Korea. It fits my pistols perfectly, though the cartridge loops are funky. .44 is very tight and .38 just falls in to the rim. The crossdraw holster is from Dillon.

The rifle is Winchester 94 AE in .44.

The shiny Blackhawk in .38/.357 was a Christmas present from Lil Bro. The blue one is engraved "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty," not very fancily. The slender one is a Cimmaron, made by Uberti, and chambered for .38 S&W or .38 Special. It doesn't have the transfer-bar safety that the Rugers have, but CAS guns start the stage with the hammer down on an empty chamber anyway. The feature I like most is the reduced size that allows me to draw back the hammer without moving out of my shooting grip.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004