Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Yuk


For the first time since I retired almost 4 years ago, I've caught a cold. So much for my hermit lifestyle keeping me isolated from cold germs; I should have worn rubber gloves to the gun show and wiped down the new toy with alcohol when I brought it home. Yeah, that wouldn't have raised any eyebrows. Woke up with a scratchy throat and runny nose. Had a Cloroseptic cough drop and a cup of tea for breakfast. Leftover tuna loaf for lunch, which came up shortly afterwards. For dinner, improvised chicken soup (ramyon chicken flavor packet boiled in water with boneless chicken breast pieces, a spoonful of peas and a handful of frozen french fries. Ate the broth, mostly. I hope there was some chicken fat in the mix, because I think that's what makes chicken soup so good for colds.

I threw a saucepan full of water on the stove and started boiling...ought to add some humidity to the house. I hold my head over it and breathe in the mist...it's really cleared up the rattle in my chest.

Image stolen from the Happy Carpenter, where I'll have to return. He looks like my kinda blogger.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember, feed a cold, feed a fever, feed athlete's foot, feed the ferrets - give me raisins or I'll keep kicking the plexiglass.

    Love, Lennie (typed by Lil Bro)

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said…

    Hope you feel better! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004