Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, August 08, 2005

BoRG

Box o' Rusty Gun

I left my trusty rusty single-stack with Jon so he could drop it off to my favorite gunsmith, Ed Cameron, this week. I could have done it myself, but I hate bothering the guy on a weekend, unless I run into him at a match. He's offered to sschmooth out the edges on the adjustable sight (that's sliced open my hand twice) and I'd like him to cut some cocking serrations on the forward slide and install an expanded magazine well.

I wonder if seeing BoRG again will give him nightmares....

Speaking of rust, I'm shopping around for slide finishes (obviously, bare metal isn't gonna cut it). I've been looking at NP3 by Robar ever since I began the project. Now that I live closer to Robar (I think they're in Scottsdale), they have the inside track. Any other suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Robar is probably in Phoenix...they're near Deer Valley Airpark.

    2. I think I'm in love with NP3. As soon as the assholes give me my gun back, I'll try to figure that angle out.

    (It's a long story. I won't go into it here. I do not at this time have a problem with Robar, so don't think I dissed them...that was not my intention.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004