Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Buying British This Weekend



Thanks to Prairiebiker who, in comments, saved me from having to consume any liquid rye bread by pointing out that Guinness is made in Ireland. Tonight I'll be sipping either some Bass & C Pale Ale or some Newcastle Brown Ale. I've had both before and know it won't be such a hardship...the things I do for our Allies.

My love for Australian wines started after the Bali bombing, when I discovered the great assortment of Aussie stuff the Class Six store carried. I could just gotten a case of Fosters (Australian for "beer"), but thought wine might be better to help maintain my girlish figure. My drink of choice is rum and caffeine-free Diet Coke, so I'm stuck for a British booze that goes with my mixer. Gin gives me headaches...does the British Virgin Islands produce a rum available here?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger El Capitan said…

    The BVI produce several rums, but the only one you're likely to find in the States is called "Pusser's Rum". At one time they offered a regular rum and a high octane version, but their website lists just a 95.5 proof version now.

    I'm not a big fan of Pusser's. It's OK, and just about any dark rum is better than clear rums, but it lacks the smoothness and body of other rums. Pusser's has always been a rum blended in huge batches (originally to supply Brit Navy ships), and that's just not the way to achieve quality.

    http://www.pussers.com/rum/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004