Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ten Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't

Originally posted at Scalzi's AOL Journal; Rick at Cry Freedom could only come up with five, so let's see how many we can come up with:

1. Worked as an extra and stunt man in a movie.
2. Sat through an aerial refueling, sitting backwards (ulp!).
3. Been mistaken for a German in Germany and for a Korean (half-breed, anyway) in Korea.
4. Seen the Korean DMZ up close from a Marine SuperStallion, the Chesapeake Bay from an Army Chinook, and winched into an Air Force Huey.
5. Toured the CIA, NSA, FBI, and the Capitol Building within a week.
6. Received two speeding tickets on the same roadtrip, talked himself out of another.
7. Field-stripped and reassembled a .45 Automatic blindfolded, before graduating high school.
8. Dated a woman five inches taller than I was.
9. Acted as the title character in my high school play.
10. Quit his high-paying job because it was interfering with his blog-reading (well, not the only reason...).

7 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, i havent done any of those things. If i had a way of staying home and still getting the bills paid i would be right behind you on number 10.

    RickCry Freedom

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never even MET a woman 5 inches taller than me. :) And that's the only one I've came close on.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Nathan Frampton said…

    I fell into an open sewer one time.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    I mooned my boss once, out an open sunroof, on Main St in Ukiah, CA...
    and I kept my job, too.

    I'm not sure I've met a woman who's 5 inches taller than me...that'd make her like 6'7"...

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger BULLSEYE said…

    "Give me a clean exit and a good arch, go!" The diver jumps as others follow out the door. Bullseye again yells, "Pay attention, right, heads up, at 4,500 feet, look, reach, pull. Go, come on you can do it." The divers jump while listening to his instruction. A woman about to jump stops and asks the man, "How many times have you done this?" He answers, "None but I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger trainer said…

    Heck, #8 was easy. I've got daughters taller than me...(I've also got muskets taller than me)

    #7 I did in boy scouts. Then again, when I was in scouts the dads were all twitchy combat vets...and we hiked uphill, both ways.

    #6 I got for burning rubber away from the first ticket...the third one I missed cuz I outran them after the second.

    Never did #3, but my first wife mistook me for a wimp once.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger BillyBudd said…

    I did this on my blog after you and now I realize why it hurts so much to get out of bed every morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004