Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Wheelgun Pr0n



If you asked me what my favorite revolver was, I'd have a tough time naming it. My first handgun was a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum that shoots laser-straight (still have it!) and I've got a couple of really nice .44's that I take out and play with now and then. My single-action Blackhawks are a lot of fun and my handy little SP-101 goes almost everywhere I go. All that said, shooting guns is even more fun than handling them, and competing is the most fun kind of shooting. I've put the most rounds through my S&W Model 625 in .45 ACP, shooting it exclusively for a year in club competition. I'm getting the urge to "Go Revo" again and give the Glock a rest. The downside to that is that my Safariland belt rig has shrunk through non-use (yeah...that's the ticket) and doesn't quite fit around my waist any more. I can put the speed holster and moonclip holders on a regular belt, but that is a lot more clumsy than the nylon/velcro system of the Safariland.

Maybe I better go on a diet.

Update: Screw the diet...I ordered a larger belt.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger BillyBudd said…

    The SP101 is the ticket, Hogue grips came in the mail today and are a great addition. Still a little small for my meathooks but a great piece never the less. I like the Ruger Vaquero 45 Long Colt.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger BillyBudd said…

    Wheel gun or none is my motto!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Scott M. Head said…

    Well damn, I guess I'm going to have to give in and get me a revolver. Never was much for 'em, but you know, there are never enough guns...

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger BillyBudd said…

    Head, I read your post on the "Golden Triangle" great stuff, Blob you have some very well informed friends, better with you than against you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004