Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Gotta Have It

I've seen this meme on over half a dozen gun blogs. "What gun would you buy if price and practicality was of no concern?" Well, besides an NR-30 (the second-best 30-mm cannon in the Pacific) and the MiG-19/F-6 carrying it, I'd start with the H&K MP-510, the iconic sub-machine gun, chambered in the lethal 10-mm round.



Gotta have a Thompson SMG, screw the compensator and the drum magazine, I want the platoon sergeant variant with stick mags!






Who doesn't love the M-2 Browning .50 machine gun? Dead Nazis and dead Commies, that's who! Now, do I want to mount that on an M-3 Half-Track or a more modern HMMV?








The Webley is an ugly chunk of bad-ass that I can't resist coveting. Must resist the Tim Taylor Tool Time Monkey Noises....
















As ugly as is the Webley, the Colt Python is its polar opposite, the luscious pinnacle of the revolver-makers' art and science. If Colt could figure out way to make them again without going broke, you know they would.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    I've got a MkIV Webley, and some ammo loaded to original specs(200-grain bullet and all); just need some more milk jugs so I can try the stuff out and see just how much penetration it gets

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger The Fifth String said…

    Sweet!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The pinnacle of the revolver makers' art is the S&W Model 14.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004