Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Marketing Genius... Not

Just because I bought a Flip UltraHD camera a few months after I bought my first one, Amazon has been sending me recommendations for every single frikkin' Flip cam that hits the market... Oooooh! I want the one with the Twilight skin!

Reminds me of the local Ford dealership who, days after I bought my brand-new truck, obviously recognized me as someone who buys vehicles and sent me brochures for every sale they'd have that year. Jeez, I just bought a new truck! Gimme a coupla years to pay this one off!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Fits said…

    Yeah. Now, Amazon is one helluva coolass place to purchase from, but they NEVER stop emailing you because hey, you just MIGHT want lots and lots more of whatever you just ordered.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those emails are fully automated, I guess they don't keep a timestamp somewhere.

    I've had them ask me to review a product I'd purchased before it even shipped a few times :)

    Great service, but there are some avoidable glitches in their website like that (and showing things you can't buy because you're in the wrong country, something you only find out once you try to add it to your cart).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004