Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Intel Memorial

This morning, the Air Force training contingent at the Defense Language Institute, Foreign Language Institute, at the Presidio of Monterey CA turned out in formation to ceremonially open a memorial to fallen intelligence personnel.

The room right behind the memorial was occupied by my best buddy Alan 30 years ago. He was DAWG Flight Commander and I used to hang out there many a morning and afternoon.

Photos by Paul C. Bailey

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    Beautiful. Sometimes I truly miss my days in uniform and as much as ceremonys seemed to be a pain at the time, (sometimes), it was good to be part of a greater unit than the every day duty.

     
  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger Skip said…

    Been there, got the t-shirt.
    God Bless.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Retired Spook said…

    God, I remember standing Monday formations there. Bill Defleuri used to play his accordion during them (his room was on the second floor, right above where the memorial is now).

    And moving all the classroom furniture up the hill to the new classrooms across the street! (Was the only time I wore fatigues while there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004