Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sneaky Sneaker Bastards

As much as I believe the sky is blue because God is a Penn State fan, I think the squabble over this shirt has some merit. Yes, it looks like a cross, especially to someone viewing the entire student body wearing them... a TV camera wide shot pan of the crowd would sent Jewish and Muslim groups into conniptions, Osama bin Laden into apoplexy, and WV Senator Robert "Sheets" Byrd wondering where the hoods are.

From a design stand-point, I can't see the motivation for the plain, vertical bar, unless it was Christian-inspired. Heck, if there were two of them, you could make some old-fashioned goalposts.... I wonder why they don't just put a big Nike Swoosh on the front. Hey, wait... Nike was the Greek GODDESS of Victory! But no one ever seems to mind that! Great Zeus!

h/t to Heidi and Matt's FB Spat

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Mister Hippo said…

    You mention the design standpoint. I'll add to that. From a religion standpoint, I don't see the motivation. I know of no Christian group that wants to preposition religious symbols on unsuspecting college kids. What value could there possibly be in that?

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    Or maybe, like a member of the university said, it was a homage to the blue vetical stripe on the football helmets. Serves them right for having such a lame helmet design.

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger cmblake6 said…

    I like that shirt. I LOVE lefty conniption fits! Bwahahahahaha!!!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cross? What cross? I don't see a cross. Or any other religious implication.
    Those who seek, will find anything to be offended at.

    B Woodman
    III-per

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004