Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cowboy Blob, Armorer to the Stars

Well, the unpaid college student film stars, anyway. The week after we discussed prop/dressing/wardrobing our movie's police officer characters, I spied one of our College Cops sporting police gear that definitely wasn't Bianchi. On a hunch, I surfed to Cheaper Than Dirt.Com and found the same budget set of cop nylon for a couple of Jacksons and ordered one right then. It came with several more modules, including a radio holder, key carrier, a place for Mace, and some others whose functions I can only guess (unless I believe the web site). The magazine holder on the holster will hold no mag carried by any self-respecting LEO, but since the character will only have a few seconds of screen time outside of his patrol car, it ought to look real enough.

I intend to fill the baton holder this week (because who doesn't need an expanding baton?) and settled on that, mag pouches, cuff case, and holster as the bare minimum for a movie cop. Any of you LEO types out there think it's missing anything important?


Update:

Say 'ello to my little frien'.

I think the ASP baton might not end up in the props box with all the other stuff after this movie is over. Even though I can "car carry" on campus now, I still can't do so on the Air Force base where I do most of my grocery shopping. Hmmm.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Grandpa-Old Soldier said…

    When will we see your name up in lights???? Looks like it won't be long..

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    My name won't be up in lights... it'll be in small type in the credits scrolling up long after everyone has left the theater.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If the photos show everything then there are a few things missing. The holder behind the holster could be for a flashlight or a baton. You need both so maybe a ring for a 4 cell mag-light flashlight.

    You mentioned a holder for mace/OC, I do not see it so one of those. Maybe a keyring overfilled with keys.

    Mike

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Stretch said…

    Missing:
    pouch for gloves
    pouch for mouth-to-mouth AIDS baffle (things sure have changed since I was a rookie)
    radio holder

    Grumpy old fart warning: I hate expanding batons. Had a rosewood stick and a 4 cell Maglite for "attitude adjustment" Both are now "non-approved accessories." Plastic guns, led lights ... Damn, I miss Jack Webb. *mutters in his single malt"

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger cmblake6 said…

    I was going to point out those same things. Breather, gloves, radio.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004