Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, May 29, 2009

I Hate to Complain

Compared to lots of folks nowadays, my life is pretty good, so when something does go wrong, I really can't complain... unless it's to inform/entertain my few readers.

A fellow shooter advised me that the slim differences between the Uzi Model A and B didn't include their buttstock attachments, so when I saw a killer deal on TSG with a wood stock, top cover, 3 mags, and a pouch, I jumped on it in order to make the Hebrewm a more comfortable shooter.  Well, now I've got a wooden paperweight and a top cover that somehow prevents the gun from firing... so don't believe everything you hear.   

The Ranger stranded me in the college parking lot yesterday afternoon.  The nice folks at the shop say it was just the dead battery, but I suspect something more.  I just consider myself lucky that I was stranded where I still had wireless internet (from school) and cellphone reception.

Since these things come in threes, I think I'll pick up some cheap trinket at the fairgrounds gun show this weekend and let it break or be the wrong size for something.

Update:  Screw that noise.  The Internet ate my Writing homework.  Maybe I'll get something nice at the gun show.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bob model A and B both use the same stocks, for that matter full and semis are the same also. Did you get the quick detatch or the semi permanent one?? that could be why your having trouble. As for the top cover you should be using a ratchting cover cause yours is full auto but both styles should work....

    Now whether or not something is wrong with the part or your gun I dont know...

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    go check out uzitalk.com you will learn alot about your UZI

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    My old one (the one that works) is the non-ratcheting style.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    on a full auto you should be using the ratchet style. Now why that is causing a problem with yours I couldent say without seeing it....

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I don't know. Mine's Semi-Auto Model A that's been legally converted... I suspect that has a lot to do with the stuff not fitting.

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A model or B model, it has nothing to do with the stock not fitting. There both the same as far as that is concerned. I dont what to tell you about the top cover, It shouldent be a problem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004