Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I used to have money

But then I paid tuition, went Christmas shopping, winterized the Ranger, and bought a MacBook for school. At least I've got a cash reserve for the road trip East (will get plunked down for the credit card bill when I get back if nothing bad happens).

Freakin' MacTops don't have a dial-up modem in them so I have to spring for a USB modem? I didn't go totally cheap, but didn't go MacBookPro, either. I might even load up the Final Cut Pro 6 software and play with that while I'm home.

Maybe I should have sprung for a trip to the optometrist, too. Those icons on the new camera sure seem small.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger freddyboomboom said…

    Go visit a coffeshop or McDonalds and use their free wireless...

    Yar!

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I just booted it up; here I have no problem since one of my neighbors seems to have an non-password wireless, but I don't need it here. At Mom's house, almost half of her neighbors are in a different area code, and Hoofty-town's Mickey D's not likely to be as wired as, say, Seattle.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what is this modem you speak of???

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    USB dial-up modem for Pc/Macs.

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    I went on a spring vacation in the wooded wilds of North Carolina, not far from nowhere. Fired up the laptop to download some pics, and behold! a faint signal. Someone had a back-country network running.

    You can't escape. Not anymore.

    Nice toy, this..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004