Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Guess it Needs to Breathe

On the way home from school, I dropped by the Oriental Market to restore my kochujang (red pepper paste) stash and pick up some kimchi (Korean spiced fermented cabbage) for which I've been hankerin'. (Good diet food, ya know.) The cashier added the plastic wrap at checkout, but I could still smell it on the way home. I figure they can't vacuum seal the jars, or they'd risk an explosion (of flavor!) (or putrescence!). I'm tempted to whip up a batch of rice even at this late hour. I'll bet my ice cubes'll taste funny for a few months.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when our old Korean neighbors moved out the new owners had to throw the fridge out. The kimchi smell just would not go away...

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger BobG said…

    Kimchi is one of my favorites; I like putting it on rice.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You mean you don't already own a separate "kimchi fridge?" I thought everyone had one of those! ;-)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jay G said…

    Thanks for your service, CB.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Larry said…

    You can buy kochujang from netgrocer.com, alongwith a few other essentials. But Kimchi just doesn't travel wellthrough the mail. We get pretty good kimchi at the Embassy DFAC, but sadly, I no longer have a badge for that DFAC. At phoenix base where I eat, the Kimchi sucks ass. They have some wierd duejikimchi pork thing. Tastes really fishy and gross.

    I'm assed out for kimchi until I get home next time- prolly MArch, after endof contract Jan 25 and a month or so of travel/vacation.

    Let's go shootin'! I can drive down to AZ. I wanna learn more about thease competitions you and Jon have been doing.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Search for user cowboyblob on Youtube. That'll keep ya busy for a bit... especially if your bandwidth sucks, as I suspect it might.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Marcus, I actually have a mini "bar fridge" but I'm not gonna power it up for one jar of kimchi. I only energize it when beer-loving friends visit from out of town.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Divide up into smaller amounts and VACU-SEAL THEM!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004