Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

String 'em High

My nerves, that is. Generally, I'm the most laid back person you'll ever meet. But not when I get cheesed off over something; then, I'm not fit for polite company. Tonight, I jumped in the freshly charged Stang and headed up to north Tucson for the ACTS pre-match meeting. The meeting had been changed at the last minute to a Coco's Restaurant/Bakery. It's one I've passed dozens of times headed to and from the Catalina range. Only in the dark, I missed it and ended up in Oro Valley. Since I hadn't written down the address, I called a friend who got me to the right place only fashionably 5 minutes late. No one there but old people. No message for me. I went outside and waited.

What is it with people these days who don't have phone books in the house? :) Two friends tried to help me out, but the only contact number for the match director is the answering machine at the Pima Pistol Club. Of course, I don't have his cell # in my brand new cell phone.... Maybe no one's coming? After all, I was the only RSVP on the forum... of course, everyone else probably has Kelly's cell phone number! After much pacing and phone tag with Piter and Lisa, the obvious answer to any normal personal occurred to me. Maybe they're at the location they cancelled from! But why would they do that? How could they do that? I drove all the way up here and now I'm missing the meeting, even though I'm right where I'm supposed to be? How can they do this to me?

So naturally, everybody's back at the original pizza joint having a grand ol' time, I'm steamed as hell for missing everything, so I called Kelly an asshole and insisted I get my damned match fee waived next week (a bargain for my spending a half tank of premium unleaded). Kelly was apologetic and suggested I sit down and have some pizza, but I was too tightly wound (this close to throwing up) and stressed at being made a fool of (and I helped) so I drove home to decompress in private. I did everything right -- I did nothing wrong... and I end up the goat. Is this what being married's like?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep... there are times... but most of the other times make up for it...

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    Is this what being married's like?

    Ummm, no. One night of angst, versus (for me) 23 years of...several nights/days/weekends/months of on-and-off angst.

    But, still, I can't complain.

    If I complained, I'd earn another night of...on-the-couch angst.

    ;D

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    I did everything right -- I did nothing wrong... and I end up the goat.

    Um, yeah.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lol I dont ever need a Phone book :)

    All i need is the Interwebz :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004