Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, March 31, 2008

DPMS SMM 3-Gun Stages 3, 5, and 7











I don't think I'll post all the videos, since some aren't very spectator-friendly, but you'll get some representative stages.

Stage 3 "Basic" was a true 3-Gun venue with slug targets engaged from the helicopter, rifle targets before and after the mock Humvee, and pistol targets from the doorway. Jon did a great job following through the obstacles and caught the RO pointing out the rifle target I completely ignored (ouch!).

VIDEO

Stage 5 "Bourne to Run" featured Jon's brain-fart. After tagging the first 270-yard LaRue resetting silhouette right away, he fixated on the other one for much too long, striking the base once or twice, but not dropping it. I redacted all that for brevity. You might hear me mutter "Give it up, Jon" before Jon decided to get the show on the road. Unfortunately, he did so without engaging the three MGM steel flashers off to the left (triple ouch!). His assault through the wash was impressive, though.

VIDEO

As last year, we finished up the match at Smokin' Joe's Wash, Stage 7 "Live Free or Die." All the high-speed shooters decided to leap out of the truck bed; there was a ramp at the tailgate for us fat, old shooters with sore feet and weak ankles.

VIDEO

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way cool stages!!I wish Tucson could have stages like that. By the way, I did go to the 3 gun at pima. Some day I WILL learn to hold the shotgun lower on my chest/shoulder. I have a nasty black eye from the recoil the shotgun did to my check from holding it like a rifle.
    I guess we learn by our mistakes....
    Daisycat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004