Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday

Spent yesterday practicing not-blogging in anticipation of my road trip vacation. As happens every year, I'm fighting the feeling that usually delays my start by a day: a mix of ennui, anxiety, and general laziness.

Good thing I used up most of the consumables in the refrigerator -- I think it's dying again. Grrr. I'll probably have to toss out all the condiments and stuff when I get back.

Got all my road trip goodies ready: crackers, beef jerky, granola and cereal bars, six-pack of Mountain Dew, and lotsa bottled water. On the trip up, I never stop to eat except for the morning of Day Three, I'll grab a Mickey D's breakfast and a large coffee in southern Virginia for the final stretch. The trip back is usually not so focused (but is usually faster). For some reason, I almost always stop at the Ranger TX truck stop Subway...Mmmmm.

I hope the heat/humidity isn't too bad since I plan on staying in the Ranger Motel (not the one in TX), as usual. Might make some detours on the way back to visit friends. Or not. I haven't ruled out a winter trip this year...depends on whether or not this global warming thing works for me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Nice...very nice legs.

    What? Oh she had a gun too?
    Dang. Missed that.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I somehow skipped over every single word of your post.

    So ... Thanks!

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Fits said…

    That beavertail seems a bit lengthy. Might just be the angle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004