Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Packing Heat!

Bloggers pdb (NC) and Billy Budd (AZ) qualified for their state's Concealed Carry permits this weekend. Yay!

I took the Renewal Class at Marksman last year. Lisa the Biker Chick was the youngest applicant there, and at a (ahem) fraction of a decade older, I was second youngest. Our instructor lamented privately that with Arizona going to mail-in renewals in the future, many of the seniors who hold permits will have seen their last bit of professional instruction. Several of them needed remedial marksmanship guidance to pass the very simple range qualification. Hey, Marksman: y'all already have a Ladies Night...how about a Seniors Night?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha... i dont think us that work there could stand a seniors night ><

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HELP!! We in Southern Illinois are being held hostage by idiot Chicagoans!

    I love your blog. I really do, but stories about people getting their CC permits are a very painful reminder of the horror of having to live in Illinois. Guess I'll have to avert my eyes.

    Thanks for news from the real world though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004