Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It Burns!







Sure Fire of Pass the Brass (right) just got a dose of oleoresin capsicum in the course of his training. Follow the link to get the full snot shot!

The pic at left is Yours Truly, the week after Lenny and Squiggy came home in '04. Some blossoming foliage may have contributed to the condition, but time has proven that I've developed a reaction to pet dander. Couple years ago, I'd noticed a reaction to Jon & Kirsten's doghair factories, but my ferret Gracie never gave me any trouble. Along came the boy weasels who grew up to be bigger than Gracie was; I've fought back with Benadryl and vigorous hand-washing after handling them, but that's no way to go through life. Benadryl makes me sleepy and Squeezing the Weasels spreads the itchies over more than just my hands. This week, I'm experimenting with some OTC 24-hour antihistamines (10mg Loratadine) to make life with the carpet sharks more enjoyable/bearable.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Daisycat said…

    I know what you mean, having to deal with allergies. Here's a combination that works well for me. Actifed during the day. I actually have a pill cutter and cut them in half and that small amount works for me. You have to ask for it at the pharmacy because it has pseudoephedrine in it.
    It is also known as "wal-act" the generic form at Walgreens.

    Then at night I take the benadryl. Sadly, I think my body is hook on it. Because nights I don't take it I lay there counting target hits!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said…

    you can get the "miracle drug" antihistamines OTC now... clemastine fumarate, loratadine, etc.

    They do work, and well... but I recommend switching up as there's a little bit of a tolerance issue.

    For short-term use I swear by chlorpheniramine. It's cheap and it's never made me drowsy...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004