Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Mmmm...Cookies....

Donated platelets at the ARC today. They asked politely if I wouldn't mind having a supervised trainee take my history and stuff. Sure, why not? The nice lady trainee had input a lot of data into the laptop, then asked, "May I ask why you are donating today?"

"Because the Lady on the phone asked me to."

The supervisor piped in, "How about 'To give back to the Community?'"

Jeez, Luis! What was wrong with MY answer? It's probably multiple choice. Should have asked what the other choices were. Next time my reply will be, "Because on my previous donation, I didn't finish The Last Samurai DVD and I don't want to ruin the resale value of the DVD I still have in the plastic.

Actually, this time I watched Godzilla, and even though I was able to give two units of platelets, I still didn't finish the movie. That's okay, since I picked one of which I'd seen the ending, but not the beginning. They would have let me finish the movie, but I was already looking forward to my can of Welch's Grape Juice and a package of Nutter Butters. And a pack of mini chocolate chip cookies. I almost never buy cookies for home, and even my road trip travel bag is heavy on beef jerky and cheese/peanut butter cracker packs, but no sweets. But I love me my free cookies at the ARC cantina!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder if "because the voices in my head tell me to" is one of the answers?

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should have told them you were doing it because it's easier than draining the blood of a dead hooker

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The neighbor's dog ordered me to give. BTW, that picture will come back to haunt that girl when she hits college.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    "Naw, I don't like the community that much". Dumbass.

    I've never been asked that question. They've been getting double red cells from me that last quite a while, call me the day before I'm elegible. Apparently they really like my blood.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004