Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Jammin: 9-mm AR Update

Took my brand new Pro-Mag 9-mm Colt AR mags from Natchez out to function test with the RRA problem child...JAM-O-MATIC! I got one shot off with each magazine (different ammo variety in each) before I got a jam like the one shown. I then tried my only metal Colt magazine...it worked until the last round, which tried to feed sideways and kinked the brass pretty severely. I think I'll see if the local gunsmith can do anything. With my luck, he'll be the guy who put this mess together!

On the lighter side, I finally got my Ruger .44 dirty; this cowboy gun handles the brutal recoil much better than my ported Anaconda...if you don't mind a bunch of muzzle climb. It beats the pain from the gun getting slammed back straight into the webbing of my hand.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh oh. I just ordered a few of those. You're the only person who has reported problems with them, though.

    -SayUncle

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Don't worry! I had problems with all my other magazines before I tried the Pro-Mags.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Porta's Cat said…

    My AR stripped a bullet clean from the casing last weekend pulling it from magazine.

    First time that has happened for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004