Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Need To Get Out More

I finally managed to field a viable German force in Steel Panthers: World at War. Now if I could only figure out why the game resets/reboots while I'm in the middle of stomping some Detroit Sherman tanks parts into the blood-soaked French soil. I wonder if I'm having too much fun playing the Wermacht; last night I dreamed of worrying whether any of my troops were committing atrocities between battles. The battlefield supremacy I feel seems similar to playing with the US Army in SP2: Modern Battles: almost invincible. Of course, there's the little matter of the USAAF and RAF exploding my Tigers and Panthers from above. And the sheer incredulity whenever my 88-mm shells bounce off the turret of an M-4A1. Still, it's nice wearing the shoe on the other foot after bringing up American, British, and Russian armies playing hide and seek against the numerically inferior but greatly more deadly panzers.

And my German soldiers teach Sunday School at the orphanage in their off duty time!



Photo from the folks at Goodrich Toy Soldiers.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WinSPMBT is the updated and free (as in beer) versionof SP2: Modern Battles...

    Since I got you hooked on the WWII one, I thought I'd point out the one where you get ot play with Abrams and Bradleys and Apaches, Oh My!

    What scenario are you having problems playing the Germans? I'll give it a try and see if I can repeat it...

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    It's the WWII Campaign Generator.

    You so totally ROCK, DUDE!

    And not so much for the Abrams and Bradleys, but for the Engesas, Panhards, BMP-2s, Merkavas, and Marders.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Porta's Cat said…

    JABO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

    I don't have issues with mine...

    Have you tried Simutrans? It's an economics of transport simulation, like Transport Tycoon. Only open source... Even when I sut off the computer players, I can get sucked into building my transportation networks for days...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004